AC Milan are paying €115 million on player salaries this season. Donnarumma, Romagnoli and Biglia are the best paid Rossoneri players.
AC Milan’s number one mission this summer was to sign young players and reduce the salary cap. La Gazzetta dello Sport has revealed the salaries of each Milan player and according to data, the Rossoneri have reduced the salary cap from 140 to 115 million euros. Despite the frugality of the new management, many Milan players are among the highest paid stars in Serie A.
The ranking is dominated by Juventus who spend 294 million on player salaries, followed by Inter and Roma with 139 and 125 million respectively. Leaving Milan in fourth place ahead of Napoli. Cristiano Ronaldo remains the highest paid player in Serie A with 31 million until 2022 while Gigio Donnarumma and Kalidou Koulibaly share the tenth spot with 6 million each.
With Higuain’s departure, Gianluigi Donnarumma is again the highest earner at AC Milan with 6 million per year until 2021. The Argentine striker who stayed for just a few months at the Rossoneri had a contract of 9.5 million per annum. Captain Romagnoli and Lucas Biglia are way behind Gigio, each earning 3.5 million while flamboyant winger Suso follows with 3 million. Suso, just like Donnarumma, is negotiating a contract renewal with Milan.
The low-cost segment, paradoxically, opens with Krzysztof Piatek, with earns “just” 1.8 million. Another January arrival, Lucas Paqueta follows with 1.7. Except Ante Rebic, all summer signing don’t exceed the 2 million border. Theo Hernandez and Ismael Bennacer are paid 1.5 million, Rafael Leao 1.4, Rade Krunic 1.1 while Leo Duarte one million. The ranking is closed by young defender Matteo Gabbia who receives 600 thousand euros per year.
Lowering the salary cap was one of the points of the agreement between AC Milan and UEFA. A necessary “slimming cure” in order to receive the Settlement Agreement. A difficult task that was facilitated by the mass release of players with expiring contracts such as Riccardo Montolivo, Andrea Bertolacci, Jose Mauri, Cristian Zapata, Ignazio Abate but also high earners like Tiemoue Bakayoko.
- Gianluigi Donnarumma – € 6m per year
- Alessio Romagnoli – € 3.5m per year
- Lucas Biglia – € 3.5m per year
- Suso – € 3m per year
- Ante Rebic – € 3m per year
- Pepe Reina – € 3m per year
- Fabio Borini – € 2.5m per year
- Hakan Calhanoglu – € 2.5m per year
- Frank Kessie – € 2.2m per year
- Matteo Caldara – € 2.2m per year
- Ricardo Rodriguez – € 2.1m per year
- Davide Calabria – € 2m per year
- Andrea Conti – € 2m per year
- Mateo Musacchio – € 2m per year
- Giacomo Bonaventura – € 2m per year
- Krzysztof Piatek – € 1.8m per year
- Lucas Paqueta – € 1.8m per year
- Samuel Castillejo – € 1.7m per year
- Theo Hernandez – € 1.5m per year
- Ismael Bennacer – € 1.5m per year
- Rafael Leao – € 1.4m per year
- Rude Krunic – € 1.1m per year
- Leo Duarte – € 1m per year
- Antonio Donnarumma – € 1m per year
- Matteo Gabbia – € 0.6m per year
READ MORE: Lampard wants AC Milan star at Chelsea