AC Milan president Paolo Scaroni expects Maldini and Massare to close important signings in the next few days.
The last public appearance of AC Milan president Paolo Scaroni was registered a few hours after the contract renewals of Paolo Maldini and Frederic Massara. The top Rossoneri executive spared no criticism towards the press for the excessive attention paid to the delay in the signatures of the two managers.
This time Scaroni is being more cheerful. The club president was interviewed by Milan TV shortly before the first seasonal friendly against Lemine Almenno. The match ended 3-0 in favor of Stefano Pioli’s squad with Messias, Rebic and Gabbia finding the back of the net.
Scaroni said he expect positive news from the mercato very soon. “I expect Maldini and Massara to carry out their projects and strategies on the market and I am sure that important signings will arrive in the next few days. I found great enthusiasm here at Milanello. Pioli is always ‘on fire’, the players are coming from vacation. By Friday they will all be here and we will start again for the new season“.
Charles De Ketelaere and Renato Sanches are AC Milan’s two priorities this summer. The Belgian attacking midfielder has already said yes to AC Milan but Brugge are not pleased with the Italian’s 30 million offer. The situation is different for Renato Sanches. AC Milan have an agreement on the transfer fee with Lille but personal terms are a problem with the Portuguese midfielder asking for a contract of 5 million per season.
Scaroni ends his interview reaffirming that doing better in Champions League is the objective for the new season. “Last year’s success is the result of a patient construction that began four years ago. In 2018, Milan were at their lowest terms in all respects. There have been some great players who have matured and integrated further. We are optimistic, one of our goals will be to pass the Champions League group. We have all the ingredients to do well “.
READ MORE: AS: AC Milan closing on Atl Madrid striker