- How Will AC Milan Continue To Improve Following Serie A Success in 2021-22?
- AC Milan convinced Maldini to stay with 3-4 signings
- Gazidis set to profit millions form AC Milan ownership change
- Gds: Maldini renewal, the details of the agreement and future projects with Cardinale
- Gds: AC Milan to sacrifice 4 players this summer
Gianluca Di Marzio explains than what’s blocking the renewal of Zlatan Ibrahimovic with AC Milan is in fact Gigio Donnarumma.
Just when it seemed that Ibrahimovic’s renewal was a simple formality, news broke out that Zlatan had refused AC Milan’s offer and talks were at real risk of breaking down.
The latest rumors about Ibrahimovic’s renewal made the fans tremble a little. Gianluca Di Marzio, on the other hand, remains optimistic about the issue. According to his report, AC Milan remain confident about the extension of the Swedish striker. There is distance between offer and demand, but it can be bridged.
The problem is that Ibrahimovic wants to be the highest paid player in the squad. Not out of presumption, but because he believes he is the most important player of AC Milan, from every point of view.
In Zlatan’s logic, if Gigio Donnarumma, who is currently the highest paid, earns 6 million, then Ibrahimovic deserves more. The Italian goalkeeper too is in renewal talks with the Rossoneri.
Di Marzio explains that the distance between the parties is not as much as has been said in the last hours. Milan are confident about the renewal and Ibrahimovic has every intention of staying. An agreement will be reached in the next few days.